Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first actual wormwood containing Absinthe to become legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 most people are desirous to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was made by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. As opposed to other fake Absinthes, that had been developed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) http://wheretopurchaseabsinthe.com and other standard Absinthe herbs. More details can be found at drinklucid.com but here are several information about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs instead of artificial colors.
– It has wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise along with other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was developed by Ted Breaux, a respected Absinthe distiller, who used his knowledge of traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which meets US regulations.
– Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood exactly like pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe included vast amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles showed that they would all pass US restrictions (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid is made up of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It’s distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid has a very distinctive black bottle with green cat’s eyes inspired by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
According to the Lucid website it may be bought over the United States so you must be able to buy it from your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists for instance Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, as well as for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The site also offers a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in America – a brand called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have been legalized.
Another great method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free worldwide shipping. There is a handling fee for the very first item but shipping and handling is free for added products ordered.
The essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are produced from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are very economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence which makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe therefore they are a fantastic buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence together with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you’ve got your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe may be known.
Essences are a great alternative to looking for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are fun to use too.