There’s been a renewed fascination with Absinthe liquor regarding the world in the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in many countries. Absinthe, also referred to as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, merely has absinth liquor been legal in the United States since 2007, and simply certain brands may be sold, so there is much interest in the liquor in the US.
What Exactly is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit that was created for medicinal purposes being an elixir or tonic by the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It became popular in Switzerland and France in the 19th and early 20th centuries as well as overtook wine in recognition in France.
Absinthe is normally produced from a wine base and is flavored with herbs. Its principal herbal ingredients are typical wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which provides Absinthe its name and its particular bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs used in the production of Absinthe include hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are numerous kinds of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe popular with the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and used by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also called La Blanche. This is usually a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear during the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are common Absinthes but this term refers to “Absinths” which are actually wormwood bitters and do not come with an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe which includes a sweeter flavor because it is made with Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe has a naturally red color as a result of additional ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many kinds and designs of Absinthe online – traditional styles and modern classics which are based upon vintage Absinthes but have a very modern twist.
As well as buying these different types of Absinthe beverages, it’s also possible to make your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences to the Absinthe industry as well as consumers. They create 4 different essences – a vintage green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence that makes an Absinthe with a stronger bitter wormwood flavor, plus an orange flavoured essence that is flavored with orange oil and produces a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All the essences are created using top-quality herbs and are distilled so you need not concern yourself with distilling, simply order online then mix with vodka or Everclear on your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons such as the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic beverage, approximately 75% alcohol by volume, and is much stronger than whisky or vodka. Care must be taken when taking in such a strong spirit particularly if it is being combined with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is very very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are not many drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are several myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it has a very colorful and intriguing background and is a beautiful beverage to enjoy.